How could I not post this? BuzzFeed has a piece called 41 Insanely Cool Vintage Celebrity Wedding Photos, and it goes from Mary Pickford’s 1920 wedding to Elton John’s 1984 one. (How did I not know he was once married to a woman?)
Take a look, come back here and let’s discuss. My thoughts:
- When I first saw Audrey Hepburn’s wedding dress when I was a teenager, I was disappointed. I wax expecting something more glamorous. But over the years, I’ve fallen for ballerina-style dresses, and now this seems to suit her perfectly. It’s off-the-beaten path and yet still elegant and classic. This is what I strive for in my own closet with extremely mixed results.
- But I think her bangs in her second marriage to Andrea Dotti are way too heavy for her delicate face.
- Am I crazy or does Yoko Ono look cute? Jane Fonda too. I never thought of myself as a mini dress and go-go boots sort, but I think they’re working it.
- I also don’t think of myself as a leisure suit sort, but Bianca Jagger looks pretty great. George Harrison’s wife Patti Boyd is darling in her suit too.
- Enrique Iglesias’ mom is wearing material that looks extremely sweat-inducing, but she looks awfully sweet in it.
- There are multiple hooded wedding gowns in this! Natalie Woods’ might even work?
What do you like? What do you hate?
It's good etiquette to share what you like!